In connection with the release of Encounter Books’ Vox Populi: The Perils and Promises of Populism, I interviewed one of its exceptional contributors, the always-eloquent and erudite British MEP Daniel Hannan.
During our discussion we touch on among other things:
- The anti-progressive character of modern populism
- The failure of the elite political establishment
- Brexit and the future of the EU
- The death of classical liberalism in Europe
- The underappreciated impact on the financial crisis on the Western body politic
- The imperative to defend free market capitalism
You can listen to our interview in full here, and read a transcript of our discussion here.