For Encounter Books’ “Close Encounters” video interview series, I spoke with the eminent Hoover Institution classicist, historian and National Review Online contributor Victor Davis Hanson on a wide range of subjects from the decline of the American academy to Middle East policy, North Korea, the Mueller special counsel and the assault on the Trump presidency from all sides and much more.
Tag: Victor Davis Hanson
In connection with the release of Encounter Books’ Vox Populi: The Perils and Promises of Populism, I interviewed the author of one its more provocative essays, the often-contrarian and always-compelling Professor Victor Davis Hanson.
During our discussion we discuss among other things:
- The populism of President Trump
- The insights President Trump has into the American people that his political opponents lack
- The significance of the 2016 presidential election in history and what it augurs for the world
- Whether Trumpism is a full-blown political movement or an outlier in U.S. history
- How Trump is doing when it comes to constructing the four core pillars of Trumpism
- Russiagate and Deep State subversion
- And much more